Many persons with Covid-19 find themselves at home, with relatively mild symptoms, and the doctor has not given them any medications. What should you do? What can you take?
What To Do
* If you think you have Covid-19, get tested. Call a hospital or clinic, and see a doctor.
* Get plenty of rest.
* Drink plenty of water — 6 to 8 cups of water and other liquids total per day
* Take every necessary precaution to prevent infecting others. Wear a mask. Practice social distancing. Wash your hands. And avoid transferring the virus from one person to another through the objects that you touch.
What To Take
* Vitamin D — If sick with Covid-19, take 100,000 IU of vitamin D3 each day for 6 days (yes, that is one hundred thousand international units of vitamin D3 per day for six days), and then reduce to either 50,000 IU once a week, or 10,000 IU once a day.
* Vitamin C – 500 mg twice a day (maximum dose 1000 mg twice a day)
* Vitamins K1 and K2 (Mk4) – once a day. The Life Extension “Super K” supplement has vitamin K1 and two types of vitamin K2 (Mk4 and Mk7). Other brands are also acceptable.
* a B-complex vitamin — all the B-vitamins in one pill — once a day
* Selenium 200 micrograms per day
* Zinc – 30 to 50 mg per day
Jarrow “Zinc Balance” has 15 mg zinc and 1 mg copper in each capsule; take two times a day for a total of 30 mg zinc and 2 mg copper per day
take 25 mg of zinc twice a day; then also take 2 mg copper once a day, for a total of 50 mg zinc and 2 mg copper.
(zinc can cause nausea; if so, divide dose into multiple smaller doses per day)
* Magnesium – 150 mg once a day with food and plenty of water; may cause loose stool (if so, use the chelated type)
* Famotidine (Pepcid AC or generic) – 40 mg/day to 80 mg/day
* Melatonin – start at 3 mg, work up to 9 or 10 mg; take only once a day, about an hour before bed. May cause weird vivid dreams; sorry about that. Newest research shows that 3 mg every 8 hours (i.e. 3 mg 3x/day) has excellent benefits, and may cut the time you are sick almost in half.
* Aspirin – 325 mg once a day only; take with food or use the enteric coated type (“ecotrin”). Do not take if your doctor told you not to take NSAIDs. Aspirin is a type of NSAID.
Also take one or the other of these two supplements:
* Green Tea Extract – 400 mg twice a day – get the “decaffeinated” type, such as “NOW” brand
EGCG and other Catechins inhibit Covid-19 virus
* Quercetin – 250 mg twice a day
Each supplement, green tea extract (containing EGCG) and quercetin, are zinc ionophores. They carry the zinc ions into the cell, where the zinc disrupts the viral replication. And each supplement also attacks the virus on its own, too. You could take either one, or both.
Ask your doctor about:
* Ivermectin – dosage of 0.2 micrograms per kilogram of body weight; increase to 0.3 mg/kg for more serious cases. Typical adult dosage is anywhere from 12 mg to 18 mg to as much as 24 mg per dose. Take one dose of ivermectin per day for at least 2 days up to a maximum of 5 days in a row (unless a doctor says to take it for longer). Ivermectin is used for prevention of Covid-19, or for treatment of Covid-19, or for treatment of LongCovid.
Where can you get Ivermectin? See this article on telemedicine options
Ivermectin is one of the most important and effective medications for treating Covid.
** Where are the references for the above set of recommendations? They are found in the other articles on this website: Covid.us.org — See also the specific pages on Ivermectin and on Vitamin D.
Ronald L. Conte Jr.
“an author, not a doctor”