Many persons with Covid-19 find themselves at home, with relatively mild symptoms, and the doctor has not given them any medications. What should you do? What can you take?
What To Do
* If you think you have Covid-19, get tested. Call a hospital or clinic, and see a doctor.
* Get plenty of rest.
* Drink plenty of water — 6 to 8 cups of water and other liquids total per day
* Take every necessary precaution to prevent infecting others. Wear a mask. Practice social distancing. Wash your hands. And avoid transferring the virus from one person to another through the objects that you touch.
What To Take
* Vitamin D — If sick with Covid-19, take 50,000 IU of vitamin D3 each day for 6 days (yes, that is fifty thousand international units of vitamin D3 per day for six days), and then reduce to 10,000 IU once a day.
* Vitamin C – 250 mg once or twice a day
* Vitamins K1 and K2 (Mk4) – once a day. The Life Extension “Super K” supplement has vitamin K1 and two types of vitamin K2 (Mk4 and Mk7). Other brands are also acceptable.
* a B-complex vitamin — all the B-vitamins in one pill — once a day
* Vitamin B1 (thiamine) — 50 to 100 mg/day
* Selenium 200 micrograms per day
* Zinc – 30 to 50 mg per day
Jarrow “Zinc Balance” has 15 mg zinc and 1 mg copper in each capsule; take two times a day for a total of 30 mg zinc and 2 mg copper per day
Zinc can cause nausea if the dose is too high; if so, divide dose into multiple smaller doses per day.
* Famotidine (Pepcid AC or generic) – 40 mg/day to 80 mg/day
* Melatonin – start at 3 mg, work up to 9 or 10 mg; take only once a day, about an hour before bed. May cause weird vivid dreams; sorry about that. Newest research shows that 3 mg every 8 hours (i.e. 3 mg 3x/day) has excellent benefits, and may cut the time you are sick almost in half.
Also take one or more of these supplements:
* Green Tea Extract – 400 mg twice a day – get the “decaffeinated” type, such as “NOW” brand
EGCG and other Catechins inhibit Covid-19 virus
* Quercetin – 250 mg twice a day
Each supplement, green tea extract (containing EGCG) and quercetin, are zinc ionophores. They carry the zinc ions into the cell, where the zinc disrupts the viral replication. And each supplement also attacks the virus on its own, too. You could take either one, or both.
* Nigella sativa seeds or “black seed oil” which is the oil from the seeds. See this post describing a study on honey and nigella sativa for Covid.
Ask your doctor about:
* Ivermectin – dosage of 0.2 micrograms per kilogram of body weight; increase to 0.3 mg/kg for more serious cases. Typical adult dosage is anywhere from 12 mg to 18 mg to as much as 24 mg per dose. Take one dose of ivermectin per day for at least 2 days up to a maximum of 5 days in a row (unless a doctor says to take it for longer). Ivermectin is used for prevention of Covid-19, or for treatment of Covid-19, or for treatment of LongCovid.
Where can you get Ivermectin? See this article on telemedicine options
Ivermectin is one of the most important and effective medications for treating Covid.
Ronald L. Conte Jr.
“an author, not a doctor”